Famille Du Pentium

Another Day, Another Llama Video

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 1 – Disney Studios

Day 1 we checked out of the Nick Hotel and made our way over to the Port Orleans Riverside so that we could get our park tickets.  Sometimes your room is ready early, and if so you can check in and even dump your luggage before you go, which is what we did.  So we got to Disney Sutdios a little after opening, but our touring plan was already severely limited based on the rides we wanted to take. 

We ended up taking everything we wanted, including the new Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show.  Thi s was a great show, with a large stage that a bunch of smallish cars did jumps and other stunts.  

Later in the day, it started raining.  Soon, it was a heavy downpour that wouldn’t stop.  Undeterred, we moved on donning our ponchos.  We became wetter and wetter, but the forecast had called for the showers to come and go, so we kept moving.  

After dinner at Hollywood and Vine, we had a couple hours to kill before our Priority Seating at Fantasmic!  It was still raining, so we took in shows and did some shopping until then.  It was still raining when Fantasmic opened for seating, and asking a few Disney CMs didn’t yield any sort of plan as to whether we should skip it or not.  So we went to our PS entrance, they let us in, and we went to sit.  We sat for 45 minutes, in the pouring rain with our ponchos on.  Justin was so tired, he fell asleep.  On an aluminum bench.  In the rain, with a poncho on.  And when he fell asleep, he fell forward, and landed on the ground.  In a large puddle of water.  And then, he woke up.  Really mad.

Shortly after that, we heard an inaudible announcement, and the lights went down and some fireworks started.  A few people stood up and left, which we thought was odd, considering we had all been waiting an hour in the rain.  Turns out this was the "consolation show" that they put on when inclement whether cancels their regular show… about 15 minutes of fireworks.  I’m sure the kids thought we were stupid for waiting 45 minutes in the rain for that.  But hey, it’s vacation.

So we went home, soaked to the bones, and when we got to our room – for the only time during our entire vacation – we turned the room’s heater on.  And then, we went to bed.   

posted by Michael Humphries-Dolnick at 3:47 pm  

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress